A recent article from the Pediatrics Journal reminded me that Earth Day needs to be celebrated every day.
"Despite advances in recent years and the decrease in fatal poisonings, unintentional child poisonings remain an important public health concern" said U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) investigators Robert L. Franklin and Dr. Gregory B. Rodgers.
Through improvements in product packaging has lowered the occurrence of child poisonings, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (USPC) found that in 2004, there were over 86,000 accidental poisonings of children under 5 years old.
According to a recent study in the Pediatrics Journal (Dec 2008), 55% of the involved products had "child-resistant packaging", most often oral medications. The most common cause of poisoning in the remaining 45% of cases involved cleaning products.
Parents and caregivers need to recognize that child-resistant does NOT mean child-proof, and that all potentially toxic products (meds, cleaning products, lighter fluid, antifreeze etc.) must be kept out of the reach of children.
This is the most important single reason for switching to Shaklee's Get Clean products. Then you can remove toxic cleaners from your home forever! Get Clean is 100% nontoxic, they are 100% biodegradable, they work marvelously, and they will save you a ton of money in the long run, because they are so concentrated. And for a gift bonus, think of all the packaging that won't end up in your landfill.
Source: Reuters Health and the Pediatrics Journal
Buy Shaklee's Get Clean Online- http://greenclean.barefootmom.com